Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Only Have Two (2)) Ears!!

Ears Pictures, Images and Photos

I went to my first antique show many years ago and last night I thought about an interesting woman I met there. She had set up an eclectic booth full of treasures but what fascinated me the most (other than her beauty, her tailored and perfected clothing and the scent of liquor on her breath mingling with her designer perfume) was her showcase full of 14K gold and Sterling earrings.

As people sometimes do with me, she started telling me some of her life story (and I was intrigued) and it made me comfortable enough to ask her why she was selling so many really good earrings. Her answer was succinct, "I finally realized that I only have two ears so one pair of signature gold and one of silver should be enough".

I have been working on simplifying my life for several years now and I still have tons of work to do in that area (and trust me, plenty other areas as well). I still think getting rid of some earrings is a good place for any of us to begin.

Thank you for taking the time to come visit me today. I appreciate any comment you leave or question you ask.

1 comment:

  1. funny that you mentioned that..cause I just bought 4 sets of earrings from avon and each box has 3-4 pairs each of earrings...so I won't be giving that one up too soon.;)

    ReplyDelete