Friday, August 20, 2010

Fall Tree at Just Plain Country




Today I went back to Just Plain Country in Walnut Cove, NC to put out more treasures for the weekend traffic and to see if I could get a picture of the outside front of the store and of the "Fall Tree" I decorated with handmade Black Eyed Susans handmade by Shari and Homespun and Primitives. I got the pictures and I think I down loaded them onto the computer. The real challenge will be to see if they show up on this post or not.

I had a great day. I went to JPC and stayed a couple hours talking with friends and shopping a bit too. A great combination I must say. I have met some of the greatest people in antique malls and craft shows. Really good people with warm hearts. Then I came home and my husband met me in the driveway saying let's go out to lunch. We did. He went home and I went and walked around the Indian Pow Wow that just came to town. I think this is the fourth year. They set up at the American Legion. I love it. There are usually 8-10 tribes represented. They have opening ceremonies and a dance that is very moving as they honor the earth. I love to hear the drums and the flute music. The jewelry is wonderful especially the pieces that are made by hand with tiny beads. It surely takes a patient soul to work with so many tiny, tiny beads. I enjoy seeing it all, hearing it all and smelling the food that is cooking and being sold. It is a moving experience.

I came home and people came to see an old white kitchen cabinet I have for sale. My husband was worried that they would buy it and I would have no place to put the dishes that are in it. They didn't but maybe someone will and I will pack up the dishes until I have my yard sale in September. I am always selling something. You would think he would be use to it but alas, he is not.

Tomorrow will be another full and interesting day as I get up early and head out to yard sales to see what is out there. Wonder if I should take pictures of the goodies, probably not. The sellers would probably be worried I am a tax collector or something and we all know that my picture taking talent is not to good anyway.

I hope your days are just as fun and interesting as mine are to me. Thanks for taking a few minutes to sit and visit with me. You are always welcome here. I love to read your comments and know what you are up to!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get to come to Walnut Cove to see your booth. It looks great! I love to yard sale on Saturday mornings too. Hope you have good luck on Sat. That Indian Pow Wow sounds fun. And I bet the food is great. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your booth!!! have a great weekend at the garage sales..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just getting better and better at taking those pictures. I love that you have such interesting days. :) And everywhere I look, both at this blog and in my home- I see beautiful treasures that you have brought into my life. I wonder if you know how many other people besides me and the other girls that you have done that for? Thousands, I bet! You've been sharing treasures all your life.

    Have a great night!

    hugs,
    Deborah Anne

    ReplyDelete