Friday, July 2, 2010

News From Pilot Mountain, NC

Today I head back over to Just Plain Country in Walnut Cove and took a few more goodies. People seemed to be buying Americana and getting their homes all festive for the fourth. I took a mint condition 5 gallon crock as one of my treasures, those don't come along very often!

I left there and stopped at the antique mall in Germanton and dropped off three new items and chatted a minute and then on down the road and up the road to Pilot Mountain Peddlers. I took a couple of huge birdhouses out of there that haven't sold (shall I put them in my yard sale or just hang them on a tree on set them on a post?)
and put in a handmade child's twig chair, a little black rectangular stool (handmade too) and a red wood carryall, and 3 felt hearts. I fluffed and played a bit with the goodies trying to make it look good for all those folks coming to visit Pilot Mountain tomorrow for the big vintage car show and beach music performance. Surely they won't want to miss checking out the goodies in the Peddler shop, SURELY.

Then my husband and I went to eat lunch at Sopper's (I know it is a weird name for a restaurant but the food is very good). We usually eat there once a week so it makes going to Peddlers an extra treat.

My daughter is coming to visit me from West Virginia and she promises to teach me how to get pictures on this blog. She can't believe I have gotten this far with a blog. Every once in awhile I surprise my girls and step into the 21st century:)

Until the next time.....onward and upward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment