Friday, July 23, 2010

What A Wonderful Day and More Coming!

I wasn't sure I was going to find the time to post today but here I am. I am truly enjoying reading your comments and reading blogs that are already established. Some of you make me feel as though I have known you forever. In a world where we don't recognize our neighbors at the grocery store because we have never seen their faces, it is great to have blogland to get to know one another and have a good visit. I don't want it to be just a one way visit. If you have something you would like to comment on or ask, please just leave me some words and I will do my best to get back to you. (Please realize though that I am so new at this that sometimes I can not figure out what to click on to get me where) lol.

Next week I am going to read, relax and talk up a storm with my husband. You guessed it, we are headed to the beach. Neighbors are feeding the cat, watching the house and for a week we are not going to think about yards that need mowing (well, watering at the least) nor houses that need cleaned or closets that need decluttering, or anything at all that smacks of work. We will take walks along the beach and feel the strong ocean breezes and our spirits will once again feel as though we are 18 or maybe 30 and they will soar right along with the wind. We will come home closer to each other, closer to God, rested and rejuvenated.

Now, we all know it doesn't take a beach, it doesn't take a cent of money to achieve this. All it takes is getting very quiet and going within ourselves to that sacred and holy place where we connect with God. It is in that place that all of our cares and troubles fade to nothingness as our hearts are fed with Living Water and our spirit becomes revived.

That is my prayer for each of you and me as we begin tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you have a wonderful time. A week at the beach is so good for the soul and relationships too. I know you will be blessed beyond belief. Have fun and enjoy. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to thank you for your gracious comments on my posts. So happy to have found your blog. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time at the beach, Terri. It surely was great to see you on our way back home to FL last week. Wish I could have seen your displays in person - they look great from your pictures. Talk to you soon. Much love and many blessings, Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mom-

    I loved this entry but I love your whole blog. And I love you too, and I hope you are having a GREAT Time at the beach. I wanted to share a blog that I came across that I thought you would enjoy - I don't know her or anything but i thought you would like it.

    http://simplyblessed.heartsdeesire.com/

    have fun at the beach! rest!

    love you! d

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somewhere, sometime, when I was with you, I remember a teacher (which might have even been you - or Sallye Taylor) who said: "If you can't find God...who moved??" What would you say, to someone who said, "I don't remember "moving"... but I don't feel like I can talk to God like I used to, don't feel like (he) is my friend..."I suggested talking to their minister - and to keep thinking about the question of "who moved?" ...was there anything else I might have done? Just thought I'd ask you..... love, me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would suggest that they find a place that is very quiet and where they won't be interrupted by anything or anyone. As they quiet their minds and bodies and begin to relax they can begin to thank God for every good thing in their lives. As we begin to be thankful and remember God's mercies and gifts in our lives, a miracle occurs: our hearts open and suddenly we experience the very presence of our Creator and we know without a doubt that we are loved.

    Hope this helps and that your friend finds peace.

    ReplyDelete